Don’t want to wear braces but still want straight teeth? No problem! At Forest Hill Orthodontics in Toronto, we are Certified providers of Invisalign Teen, a clear alternative to braces.
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable retainers that move your teeth from a crooked to straight position. The success of the treatment is dependent on the skill of the doctor providing the treatment. At Forest Hill Orthodontics ni Toronto, our doctors are Elite Providers meaning that they do more Invisalign than 90% of other offices in the world. To be entirely successful, it is important that the aligners be worn for 22 hours of the day. It goes without saying that some parents worry that their children will not wear them. At Forest Hill Orthodontics in Toronto we offer our Teen Promise: If your child is not wearing their Invisalign as required, we will switch their treatment to braces at no additional cost!
Enjoy all your favourite foods- worry free!
Many teens worry about not being able to enjoy popcorn, gum or other foods while they have braces on. Since Invisalign is a removable appliance, they can be removed to enjoy all your favourite snacks! Score!!
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
- Esthetics- go to prom, take your grad photos, go on a date, and don’t worry!
- You can eat what you want (healthy choices of course!)- you don’t need to worry about breaking braces
- Oral hygiene is easier- you can remove the aligners and clean your teeth
- Play a musical instrument? Swim competitively? Play goalie in hockey? Your braces won’t get in the way of all of your extra-curricular activities
Who is a candidate for Invisalign Teen?
- Patients who desire a less visible appliance
- Patients who are willing to have a removable appliance, meaning they will have to be responsible wearing them 22 hours of the day and switching them on time
- Patients with all or most of their permanent teeth
- Patients with bite problems that can be effectively treated with Invisalign
Who is not a candidate for Invisalign Teen?
- Patients who still have a large number of baby teeth
- Those who feel that they will not be responsible for wearing their aligners all of the time and remembering when to change them
- Patients with more complex bite and tooth problems that require a more traditional appliance
Invisalign or Braces: Which is a better choice for me?
Braces are glued on to the teeth whereas Invisalign is a removable appliance. For some patients, not showing braces is the most important consideration when seeking orthodontic treatment. For other patients, they do not want to be responsible for taking their appliances in and out of their mouth and would rather something glued to their teeth.
Depending on your preferences, lifestyle, type of bite and position of your teeth, Invisalign Teen may or may not be the best appliance option for you. Drs. Hendler and Vendittelli will be able to assess your bite and recommend the best treatment for you, whether that is Invisalign or clear or metal braces.