What FHO is doing during COVID-19
Today the world is different than it was, even just a week ago. As we are all faced with the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic and are doing our part to keep our patients, team members and community safe. It is clear that we must practice social distancing in order to flatten the curve of this pandemic. In addition, the Royal College of Dentists of Canada has suspended all non-emergency dental treatment in Ontario for the next few weeks. This is for the safety of the patients, dental team and the community, that aerosols are not generated and that people are not leaving their house unless it is absolutely necessary. As such, our clinic is temporarily closed for regular procedures until the first week of April, 2020.
If you have an upcoming appointment at our office, you will have heard from us to reschedule it to a time when we anticipate being open. It is possible that this date may be delayed, pending the public health situation and the recommendation from our governing College. We will keep our patients continually updated via email, our website and social media platforms. You can find us on Facebook: Forest Hill Orthodontics, and Instagram @foresthillortho.
We wanted to let you know what we are doing for the ongoing care of our patients during this time.
- We are open for emergency appointments for our patients with true orthodontic emergencies. Please contact our office if you are experiencing discomfort and we will guide you appropriately and schedule an appointment if necessary.
- We have been in touch with all of our patients affected by the closure and will continually update them as the schedule and recommendations change
- We have arranged “virtual appointments” for some of our patients in active treatment, where appropriate
- We have offered new patients “virtual consultations”, a service we also regularly provide. Please find a link to this service here https://www.foresthillortho.com/am-i-a-candidate-for-orthodontic-treatment/ to find out if you are a candidate for orthodontic treatment.
- We have arranged for retainer or Invisalign pick up for patients in treatment, where appropriate
Though we do not know what tomorrow or next week will bring, we will continue to do our best to service our patients and community. Stay safe, everyone. Let’s use this time to bring some smiles and positivity to the world.