Dear Forest Hill Orthodontics Family,
Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and we know that we are all looking forward to resuming our normal routines. Throughout our temporary office closure, our practice has been working to stay in touch with you to ensure a smooth transition back to practice.
The health and safety of our patients, team and community have always been and continue to be our #1 priority. We have been closely monitoring all of the most current recommendations of how to keep our patients safe when we return to our in-office visits. These measures take into account all of the latest recommendations from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and take physical distancing into account in order to minimize the number of people in our office at any one time, as well as person-to-person contact.
We thank you for your patience as we reschedule all of the appointments that were cancelled. We will contact you to reschedule your appointment based on the most urgent need and a first-cancelled first-scheduled basis- please wait to hear from us before contacting our office as we will be in touch soon. If you have an urgent concern, please email us at email@example.com. Please email us if you have any non-urgent or other questions so that we can assist you
Here are some of the changes you will notice to your appointments:
Before your appointment
- We will be prescreening all patients for symptoms of Covid-19. We ask that any patients who may have symptoms, have been exposed to someone ill, or who have travelled out of Ontario within the last 14 days to reschedule their appointments.
- Paperwork (ex. health forms) will be sent and returned electronically prior to your appointment.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment.
At the time of your appointment:
- Please arrive on time, between 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- Minimize office traffic where possible. Patients can attend by themselves and will be well-cared for. Children can be accompanied by one caregiver but we ask that siblings without an appointment do not join at this time.
- You will be greeted and screened at the door prior to your appointment. A contact free thermometer and sanitizer will be provided. Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms will be rescheduled.
- Patients will be seen by appointment only. Walk in appointments will not be accommodated.
- Updates can be given to parents/caregivers following appointments and future appointments will be scheduled over the phone or via email rather than in person.
Changes to appointments:
- Unfortunately, all patients have had their appointments cancelled over this time and you are all very important to us. We will contact you to reschedule your appointment based on the most urgent need and a first-cancelled first-scheduled basis.
- We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through rescheduling all of the appointments. We promise we will contact you as soon as we can!
- Some of our appointments can and therefore will remain VIRTUAL in an effort to reduce the number of patients in the office.
- Office hours and workdays have been extended. Our new hours of operation are: Monday-Thursday: 8:30-7:30. Friday: 8:30- 1:30.
- Administrative tasks will be done over the phone or email, where possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions pertaining to your treatment.
Physical changes you will notice to our space:
- For physical distancing, we have reduced in number and spread out the chairs in the reception area.
- We have placed plexiglass dividers at administrative desks.
- We have added air purification units throughout the office, in addition to the systems we already had in place.
- We have disconnected our patient check-in screens, as well as the games in the reception area.
- Magazines and books have been removed from the reception area, and the coffee machine/beverage station has been disconnected.
- Our toothbrushing stations have been converted to hand washing stations. Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
- Our washrooms can be used on an emergency basis only
We thank you all for your support during this time. Our practice would not exist without our amazing patients, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times. The safety of our patients, our team and our community is always our top priority. We maintain our commitment to you to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a friendly and welcoming environment. We look forward to seeing you all again soon, even if you don’t recognize us under all of our masks and gowns!
Doctors Bruno Vendittelli, Tracey Hendler, Vanessa Chong and the Team at FHO